The Bainbridge and Blackwell neighborhoods in Richmond have long dealt with the social problems -such as crime-that come along with poverty. A report was done and one recommendation was that physical activities and sports should be emphasized,-as an engaging way for trained adult mentors to, provide structure and guidance to the neighborhood children. The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation viewed this as an excellent opportunity to help build a supportive community and provide a safe place for the youth to play and learn.
A rendering of the Youth Development Park to be built in partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Richmond
The current plan is to build -a state-of-the art facility, which would be designed to be attractive, safe, fun, and educational in partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Richmond. $1 million is needed to begin construction on the ball field and to fund the initial programming at the site.
Richard J. November, President, Continental Development Corporation
R.L. Terrell Williams, Vice President, BB&T Insurance Services, Inc.
Youth Development Park Components:
- It will be a multiuse field that will host the Ripken Foundation's programs, and other activities like flag football and soccer.
- The complex will be designed to host family and community outings.
- The facility will offer many features to encourage and support daily physical fitness activities for the entire community including a running track and 12 exercise stations.
- It will be located at the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Richmond; on the border of the Bainbridge and Blackwell neighborhoods.
- When the park is completed, it will provide the proper environment within the Bainbridge/ Blackwell community for the Ripken Foundation program to begin changing young lives in the Richmond inner city.
To make a donation, click here, or contact Chuck Brady, Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-423-6432 to learn more and make this part of your legacy!