From left to right: American Country Music Singer and Songwriter Jake Owen, Basketball Hall of Famer and NBA Coach Nancy Lieberman, Baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation hosted its 13th Annual Aspire Gala on February 24, 2017 at the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott. The event honors leaders from the fields of sports, entertainment, and business. This year’s Aspire Gala continued the tradition of honoring those who are truly making a difference in the lives of others.
We honored special guests, Baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson, and Basketball Hall of Famer and NBA Coach Nancy Lieberman, for excellence in their fields, dedication to helping others, and for being coaches in lives of so many both on and off the field/court. Country singer and songwriter, Jake Owen, also joined us for a special musical performance. All proceeds from the event go directly to benefit the work of the Foundation and the children we impact.
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded by the Ripken family in 2001 in memory of Cal Ripken, Sr. to carry on his legacy of using sports-themed programs as a hook to teach critical life lessons to at-risk youth. The Foundation teaches kids the importance of choosing a healthy lifestyle and making smart, productive decisions both on and off the playing field. Through active community partnerships with hundreds of youth-serving organizations, thousands of underserved youth benefit each year from the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation in the most challenged communities across the country.
Please contact Carrie LeBow, Executive Vice President, Resource Development and Marketing, at email@example.com to discuss sponsorship opportunities for next year's Aspire Gala or any of our upcoming events.
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation is grateful to all our 2017 sponsors and friends for their dedicated support.
Hall of Fame Sponsor
- Pat & Jay Baker Foundation
- Fields, Inc.
- The McNaughton Foundation
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet
- Shaw Sports Turf
- Under Armour
- UnitedHealthcare – Do Good. Live Well.
- KELLY & Associates Insurance Group / KELLY Payroll
- Kohl’s Department Stores
- Lewis Contractors
- Major League Baseball
- Southwest Airlines
- Eugene & Ruth Freedman Family Foundation
- First Pic, Inc.
- McCormick & Company, Inc.
- Mystic Aquarium
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- Constance and Brooks Robinson Charitable Foundation
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- AXIOS Napa Valley & Kalaris Family Vineyards
- Baltimore Ravens
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Chevy Baltimore
- Chicago Title Insurance Company / Fidelity National Title Group
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- DEX Imaging
- Harlem RBI
- Harold and Bonnie Himmelman
- Jim and Pam Hall
- John and Cindy Lee
- Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s
- Elaine and Roger Ralph
- Rifkin, Livingston, Levitan & Silver, LLC
- Saint Agnes Foundation
- SC&H Group
- Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler, P.A. and Shapiro Negotiations Institute
- T. Rowe Price
- University of Maryland Medical System
- Venable LLP
- Windsor Electric Co., Inc.