Building Healthier Communities
What do you get when you stack your lineup with heavy hitters committed to serving communities and brightening futures for at-risk youth? Team8.
Every year, Team8 Tour members hit the road to reduce need, restore health, and renew hope for at-risk youth in America’s distressed cities. Along with the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation, Team8 includes UnitedHealthcare, Do Good. Live Well., and local community partners.
We are united in a common belief: Giving at-risk youth access to nutritious meals and safe, welcoming facilities helps them stay active and puts them on the path toward healthy, successful futures.
Fueled by volunteers, Team8 Tour Community Enhancement Projects are tailor-made for employee involvement. Among our team’s recent projects:
- Renovated health and fitness spaces at H. Grady Spruce High School in Dallas, TX.
- Weeded and mulched courtyards at McKeesport Area High School in McKeesport, PA.
- Constructed new bleachers, goals, and assembled a press box at Rancho High School in Las Vegas, NV
- Built an outdoor storage shed and assemble and organize new sports and fitness equipment in Concord, NC.
- Updated recreation and fitness facilities at Columbus Global Academy/Columbus North International School in Columbus, OH.
During tour stops, Team8 Tour volunteers teach staff and students how to make the most of any new resources to benefit their health and fitness—life skills education lessons that last long after we leave town.
Visit our Resource Portal for photo galleries, videos, and more information on how Team8 Tour Community Enhancement Projects expand opportunities for youth nationwide.