If you are interested in partnering with the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation to build a Youth Development Park, please review the following Frequently Asked Questions before contacting us. Thank you.
What is a Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation Youth Development Parks?
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation is working in local communities across the country to develop and construct synthetic-surface Youth Development Parks. These multipurpose, low-maintenance facilities serve as outdoor classrooms designed to provide recreational, educational, and athletic experiences for kids who desperately need a guiding hand. These Parks will not only help fill a critical void, but help transform communities where the need is so great.
What are the eligibility guidelines for the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation’s Youth Development Parks?
- All projects must align with the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation’s mission.
- All projects must have a demonstrated community need and be supported by community leaders.
- All projects must have a local nonprofit organization or governmental entity to serve as the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation’s lead partner.
- Local partner organization must be able to sustain a committee of active local leaders with resources to ensure a successful fundraising effort.
- Local partner organization must be able to identify and secure major gifts toward the completion of the Youth Development Park project. (At least 50%-60% of total cost)
- Local partner must be willing to work with the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation to develop a mutually agreed upon facility design and total project budget.
- Local partner must agree that ALL funds raised for the project will be given to the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation prior to the construction of the project.
- Upon completion of the project, the local partner organization must be capable of operating and maintaining the new facility.
- Local partner ensures that sports-themed programs will be implemented on the field.
- Local partner enables local community to use the Youth Development Park as a safe haven for at-risk youth.
- Local partners make Youth Development Park available for periodic review by Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation Parks Services team.
How much does it cost to create a Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation Youth Development Park?
It costs approximately $1,000,000 to develop and build a 45,000 square-foot Youth Development Park. Costs may vary depending on the size and scale of the project.
Does the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation providing funding towards the Youth Development Park Project?
Generally, the Cal Ripken, Sr, Foundation will work to secure 40%-50% of the resources required to build the Park.
Who builds the Youth Development Parks?
All Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation Youth Development Park projects are built exclusively by Fields, Inc.
Does the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation provide grants to community-based organizations with existing local ball field renovations projects?
No, the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant requests for existing ball field renovation projects.
If you feel you have a Youth Development Park project that meets the above requirements, please send us an email at email@example.com or fill in the form below.