How do you excite young people about the prospects of going to college? Give them firsthand experience.
Every year, the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation makes the concept of college a reality for hundreds of at-risk youth through our College Day Experience. Young people venture outside of their communities and get personal exposure to all higher education has to offer.
The College Day Experience enforces life lessons taught in our year-round youth development interactive programs. Core activities include:
- A campus tour
- Guest speakers and special presentations
- Foundation-led educational and athletic activities
- Interaction with student athletes
- Opportunities to discuss avenues toward higher education
Since 2011, we’ve visited 51 partner colleges and universities such as American University, Mississippi State University, University of North Carolina, and Ohio State University. To learn how you can sponsor a College Day Experience or get involved, email email@example.com.
Only 1 in 10 youth from low-income families achieve a four-year degree or higher by age 23-24.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services