Jump roping is a great physical activity that works the muscles in your legs, it is also a great way to stay active and have some fun by yourself. Staying physically fit is an important part of living a healthy lifestyle. Jump roping is a great way to do cardio which helps keep your heart healthy, improves breathing so you can take bigger breaths, and will give you more energy throughout your day.
- An open space inside or outside
- A rope to use as a jump rope, this can also be done without a jump rope just need to be able to jump up and down.
1. First find an open space
2. Do 20 jumps where your feet are together or only have a little distance between them and jump only a few inches off the ground to let the jump rope glide under feet.
3. Scissor jumps will be the next challenge where you jump and land with one foot forward, then on the next jump switch feet so you are alternating your opposite foot forward.
4. Cross jumps land with feet crossed like an X, then you jump apart to where your feet are shoulder width apart, then cross them again alternating which foot goes in front.
5. Duckie is where you jump up and land with heels apart, toes and knees pointed in; then on next jump, put heels together and toes and knees pointed out and continuously alternate.
6. Swing is the challenge, jump up and land on one foot while swinging the opposite leg out to the side, then on the next jump switch feet so that you are alternating which foot is jumping and which foot swings out.
Tell us which jump rope style was the most fun!