Looking for a new game to play with your kids? Try Kickball 2.0!
Kickball 2.0 is a hybrid mix between kickball and a relay race. It combines teamwork, communication and hustle to make a fun and fast paced game!
- Baseball/Softball field, open grass field, or large gym
- Set of throw down bases
- Dot cones
- âPlace the throw down bases in a diamond (same as a baseball diamond)
- Vary the distance based on the age group playing
- âPlace dot cones in a square roughly 1/3 of the way up the 1st and 3rd base lines
- Place another dot cone 10 feet behind home plate
How to Play:
- First, split the kids up into two even teams.
- Have one team line up behind the dot cone behind home plate; they will be the kicking team.
- Have the other team split into two even groups and line up behind the two squares down the 1st and 3rd base lines; they will be the fielding team.
- One at a time, each member of the kicking team will get one kick and will have to run around the bases as fast as they can.
- Two members from the fielding team (one on each side) will step up into the square prepared to run.
- As soon as the kicker kicks the ball, both members of the fielding team in the boxes will start running towards the ball.
- The goal of the fielding team is to have both members touch the ball and return the ball back to the pitcher before the kicker gets around the bases.
- The fielding team cannot throw the ball to each other or to the pitcher; they must run to their teammate then to the pitcher. After they bring the ball to the pitcher, they can return to the end of their lines.
- The goal of the kicker is to get around as many bases as possible before the fielding team gets the ball back to the pitcher.
- Each base reached by the kicker before the pitcher has the ball is worth one point (ex. Batter gets to 3rd – 3 pts, Home run – 4 pts).
- Once each member of the kicking team gets to kick, add up all the points and switch.
- The team with the most points at the end of the inning wins!
- Play multiple innings for a longer game.
- Switch up where the fielding team starts (outfield, one behind home plate one in the outfield, etc.)
Please send us pictures of your groups playing Kickball 2.0 so we can share them!