Today’s #RipkenPlaybook Ripken is to make your own trail mix. Trail mix is a combination of various foods that are from different food groups that are all mixed up into a bag to create a healthy snack.
1. Different kinds of healthy snack such as peanuts, sunflower seeds, dried soybeans, other nuts, crackers, pretzels, dry cereal, granola, popcorn, raisins, dried fruit pieces or other nutritious dried foods.
2. Have a large bowl and spoon ready for mixing the ingredients.
1. Each child will talk about the ingredient he or she brought, what food group it fits into and why he or she likes it or if there are multiple children, one child can state their ingredient and the group can discuss it.
2. Then add the ingredient to the bowl.
3. Next, mix the ingredients with a spoon or mixing utensil.
4. Then sit and enjoy your wonderful creation.
5. Last step is to seal up any leftovers in a little bag so you can eat some another time.
6. Now you have a tasty and healthy snack that you can take with you anywhere.