We talk a lot about the lessons on the field and how they translate to success off the field. And there are plenty of life lessons in sports, but sometimes it’s good to look beyond the usual places. Here’s some food for thought as you coach, mentor, lead by example, and work as part of a team:
- What’s more motivating, words of encouragement or the quiet coach/teammate who leads by example?
- How can we help kids see the world from another perspective?
- A few ideas on how to thank your volunteers and make them feel recognized for their contributions
- When it comes to connecting, “sometimes, words speak louder than actions”
- And, because this is too good not to share, the story of Coach Acey Shaw
Read any interesting articles or blog posts recently that relate to coaching and mentoring youth? Please share them with us in the comments section!