It is just as important to eat nutritious foods when you are snacking as it is for your meals. Instead of reaching for chips or cookies the next time you want a tasty treat, try making one of these delicious, healthy recipes -- Ants on a Log and Caprese Salad!
Ants on a Log
Watch this video to learn how to make this fun, delicious snack!
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
How to make
- Rinse and trim celery.
- With a spoon or knife, spread peanut butter across the celery stick.
- Place raisins on peanut butter. Enjoy!
Try this delicious, traditional Italian salad!
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato or package of cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
How to Make
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella (if using cherry tomatoes, keep them whole.)
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
For more healthy snack recipes check out this Nutrition Play of the Day and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!