Today's #RipkenPlaybook features an activity from our partners at the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio. In today's activity, you'll explore STEM by creating your very own rocket! Click here for their video to follow along!
- 2 Pieces of paper
1. Take 1 piece of paper and fold it into fours
2. Place your straw inside your paper and roll the paper around the straw as tight as
3. Crease the top and give it a little pinch
4. Take your tape and seal on the top. Make sure to pinch so there is no opening
5. Add tape along the side and seal in the side of the paper
a. At this point, you should have one sealed side and one open side to slide your straw in.
6. Next, take your other piece of paper and fold it in half, then fold it in fours again!
7. Taking that folded piece of paper go ahead and cut out two triangles, this will be your
8. Now tape your wings to your rocket!
9. Now when your rocket is read for take off, insert your straw into the rocket and blow into
it and watch your rocket take off!