Have you ever done the right thing even when no one is looking? Today’s Leadership Play of the Day from the Ripken Playbook is inspired by the Healthy Choices, Healthy Children -- Civics & Leadership edition. It will get you thinking about how you can be a leader at home, in the classroom, on the playground, and on your sports team.
- Pen or pencil
Instructions: Read each scenario below. Then explain how a good leader would respond in each scenario.
- Scenario #1
- A new girl has joined your Badges for Baseball program. You notice your teammates do not talk to her and say mean things about her behind her back. What do you do?
- Scenario #2
- Sometimes your classmates miss the trashcan when throwing away their trash. Trash is piling up on the floor around the trashcan. What do you do?
- Scenario #3
- Everyday, a few of your classmates intentionally clog the toilets to make them overflow. You notice more and more kids are joining in, making more toilets overflow every day. What do you do?
- Scenario #4
- Everyday, you notice your mom comes into your room and makes your bed. She has asked you to make it a morning habit, but you often forget. What do you do?
Once you have responded to each scenario, go over your answers with someone at home.
- Did they agree with your responses?
- Did they give you other good ideas of how to respond to these scenarios?