In today’s Leadership Play of the Day from the Ripken Playbook, you will create a helping chain made if random acts of kindness to help you practice helping others.
- Paper or construction paper
- Pen, pencil, or crayons
- Stapler, glue, or tape
- First, write down seven ways you can help others through random acts of kindness (make your answers short enough so that are visible on your links.)
- Taking out your neighbor’s trash
- Doing the dishes for your parents after dinner
- Make a thank you card for the mailman
- Next, cut each strip so you can fold it into a loop.
- Using your glue or stapler weave the strips into a chain overlapping each strip of paper into the next loop.
- Each day as you complete each act of kindness on your chain, rip it off until your chain is completely broken.
Share a photo with us on social media of your Helping Chain!
For more Leadership activities, check out our Healthy Choices, Healthy Children -- Leadership edition