Looking to improve your physical fitness from home? Have some fun while working on your lateral agility and cardio endurance in today's Fitness Play of the Day from the Ripken Playbook, the Lateral Shuffle Cup Stack Challenge!
How to do the Lateral Shuffle
Position yourself at the starting cone in a mid-squat with your feet shoulder width apart. Step fast laterally while staying low in your mid-squat and continue this movement around the circle. (Reference page 49 of the Healthy Choices, Healthy Children -- Fitness edition)
- Eight similarly sized cups, cones, etc.
- Timer (optional)
Test your lateral agility by completing the Lateral Shuffle Cup Stack Challenge!
Lateral Shuffle Cup Stack Challenge
- Place your eight cups in a circle, about 4-5 feet apart.
- Choose one cup as cup as your starting point.
- While facing the outside of the circle, start laterally shuffling around your circle, and grab and stack each cup.
- Once all cups are grabbed and stacked, laterally shuffle in the same direction, but this time, place the cups back in their original positions.
- Repeat until you master this activity!
Time yourself to see how long it takes you to complete the Lateral Shuffle Cup Stack Challenge! Start your timer once you pick up the first cup and stop it as you place down the last cup.
Share your best time with us on social media!