A good leader has self-confidence to affirm his/her likes, dislikes, favorite foods, pets, and other traits that make him/her unique. Today’s Leadership Play of the Day from the Ripken Playbook will help you improve your self esteem as you identify things that make you special as you create a New You!
Create a New You
- Poster board or construction paper
- Online photos
Craft a New You
- First, start by cutting out the a outline of yourself like the one pictured above. Use construction paper if available to make your outline stand out!
- Next, cut out pictures in magazines, newspapers, old books, print, or draw your own pictures from online to show your favorite sports, foods, pets, books, hobbies, etc. Be creative – these should be things that make you unique!
- What is your favorite picture on your New You? Write a short explanation on the back of your completed project about why this is your favorite picture and why it makes you unique.
- Finally, hang up your New You somewhere around your house to remind you each and everyday that you are unique and special!
Share a picture of your New You creation with us on social media!
For more leadership activities, check out the Healthy Choices, Healthy Children -- Leadership edition