Sometimes we are too intimidated to try new foods because we do not know if it will taste good or not. Today’s Nutrition Play of the Day from the Ripken Playbook, written by our partners, the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County, will help you summon your inner food critic as you taste test new foods. Be open minded, you never know if the next food you try will become your new favorite meal or snack!
Taste Test Challenge
- Food Critic Worksheet
- New food(s)
- Crayons/colored pencils/markers
Today you will be tasting new foods, but instead of just using your taste buds to determine if you like a food or not, you will be using all of your senses to rank the tastiness of the food.
Click here for further instructions from our partners at the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County!
- Take a new food and draw it on your worksheet.
- Then rank it 1-5 based on appearance, smell, taste, and texture (5 being the “most appealing” and 1 being the “least appealing”)
- Total your score (20 is the maximum score)
- Repeat with several other new foods
- Compare your scores. Which was your highest ranked food? Your lowest? Why?
Share your taste test experience with us on social media!
For more Nutrition activities visit Healthy Choices, Healthy Children – Nutrition edition